Since I’ve been back from the road trip in Denver I’ve been eating a lot of salads. Otherwise known as; trying to compensate for sitting on my ass in a car all day while going out to eat western fare every night. This dressing is practically infallible and you should adjust to taste. I like tangy things so I might add more vinegar than your palate might allow. Currants might add enough sweetness for you so lighten up on the honey. If you ever see Argo Tea on the shelf, pick a flavor and buy it just for the bottle. It’s the perfect size and shape for salad dressings (pictured). Also I love the new triple washed baby kale and baby spinach combo from the grocery store. It makes it a “power-salad” effortlessly. Blanched green beans will make you feel like you’re in a Parisian bistro. Sweet onions aplenty. Etc. Etc. add what you like.
So here’s my first published recipe. Enjoy.
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic (microplaned or chopped)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of preferably white balsamic vinegar (Or one of your choice)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard (I prefer Maille)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 or 2 canned anchovies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons dried currants or raisins
- 1 Tablespoon honey or 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
For added flair add some of the lemon zest. For an herbal version add tarragon or parsley.
To simplify just throw everything in the blender so you don’t have to chop the garlic.
The above makes enough for 2-3 servings.